Group therapy helps you find a sense of community with others who are going through similar things as you while giving you access to valuable therapy that can truly help you feel better.
Group therapy’s effectiveness lies in its ability to help you find connections with other people and their experiences. These therapist-guided sessions will help you learn more about yourself and how to improve the way you feel while feeling support from others who understand your experience.
Over time I have run a variety of groups to meet the needs of my clients. Group examples include:
- Stress Management Skills Course
- Managing Insomnia using CBT-i
- Women’s Empowerment
- Learning and Practicing Self-Compassion
- Understanding and Improving Self-Worth
- Coping with Problematic Eating (e.g., binge, stress and emotional eating)
- Coping with Weight Loss Surgery (Preoperative and Post-operative groups)
- Relationship groups for struggling couples
If you’re looking for a community-oriented experience then group therapy may be a better option for you. Please contact me to learn more about the current groups at my practice.